Sunday, March 9, 2014

Day thirty-two: Constantly reevaluate.






















This lesson isn't always true, but most of my lessons are that way. You have to learn them in order to bend them. This one is along the lines of never get comfortable. It's easy to get scared if you get comfortable because it seems like you have more to lose. I think it's important to constantly remind ourselves of the impermanence of our existence. That our stability, our safety, is an illusion. This reminder can be terrifying. It also makes me more willing to take chances and to jump when I need to. Art doesn't usually come from comfort. It can, but it is rare. I think this sesne of potential loss is why. So, look around and reevaluate your world. If the world could be anything you want it to be, what would you change? Where would you go?

No comments:

Post a Comment