Monday, March 10, 2014

Day thirty-four: Become immersed in things outside of art.

















While much art is inspired by art, there are millions of curious and exciting things in this world that art talks about. In high school I thought science was lame and to be done away with as soon as possible, even though I enjoyed the classes. Lately science is something I have been constantly nerding out on. Dinosaur bones at the Field Museum in Chicago, A Short History of Nearly Everything by Bill Bryson, Cosmos by Carl Sagan and the new series with Neil Degrasse Tyson, The Higgs-Boson! I don't make any art about this yet, but I may soon, and even if I don't, it fills me with a sense of wonder that reminds me why all of this that we are surrounded by is so miraculous, especially the things we take for granted. What is it in this world that makes you feel that way?

No comments:

Post a Comment