Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Today is stupid.














Hello friends,

We have just entered a blog intermission. Intermezzo if you will.

The worst thing about days like today is that I have no external rationale for feeling this way. There are many many things going very very well. I am basically just a cranky teenager in my brain right now. I am a burning mass of hatred for no particular reason. I am twiddling my thumbs. I am in a very busy time and am completely unproductive. I am spending a lot of time fucking around on the internet. If you have any suggestions for websites that are valuable distractions please let me know.

Maybe there is a lesson in here somewhere. Maybe there is some rationale. Maybe getting a show, and the possibility that it will look horrible and everyone will hate it, or worse, that no one will care, is starting to follow me like a stray cat. Maybe the art I haven't finished yet, combined with work, combined with friends from out of town, going out of town, and other social activities is flooding my brain with information that I have no room for. Maybe the residency that I want and haven't heard from is making my skin crawl with a relentless desire to go surfing in Mexico. Maybe I just need to sleep in and read poetry and eat macaroni and cheese. I plan to do this on Friday. Hopefully that will put me in a better mood, and I will start writing in this blog consistently enough that people will read it.

Maybe.




p.s. In unrelated nerd news, the picture above is of the closest approximation of the planet Earth in the Universe. They don't know it's mass or atmosphere, but based on the distance from it's star and rocky surface, they believe this is the most Earth-like planet that we have found. Kind of amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment